Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > DBA Alts > HOTT

Old 06-01-2009, 12:23 PM
neldoreth

Default More Bretonnian Archers....

This time I went with faded tunics in the general colours of the Bretonnian lord... Peasants, not mercenaries. Fun to paint for sure.

n.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Mike Porter

Great stuff as usual! I really like the Perry Bros. work on the older Brettonian line-especially the men-at-arms.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:56 PM
neldoreth

Interesting that you would say that Mike... Recently I ordered some spearmen with pavise from the Perry hundred years war line (Aigencourt to Orleans) for this project. I had been trying to get old Bretonnian spearmen from eBay, but they are quite pricey still. The Perry spearmen are extremely similar in design to the GW Bretonnians and 1/4 of the price... As such, I totally agree with you

Thanks for the feedback!
n.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Mike Porter

Perry Bros. Historical line is awesome, and a very good price as well. I've been working on their Crusaders. Looking forward to seeing more of your project!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Paul A. Hannah

Bretonnian Archers are cool, but nowhere near as hip as the Brittany Spears.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Kontos

Personally, the all time best are the Racquel Welch.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Tim in Saskatoon

Those look great, joe! I especially like the ones in the second batch!

Dang... now I'm thinking about busting out the medievals and adding those to my HOTT kingdoms...
Old 06-02-2009, 09:35 AM
neldoreth

lol, you guys crack me up!

Tim, unless you have medievals on hand already, I would wait. The Perry twins are set to release War of the Roses figs in plastic... Their plastics are some of the cheapest, and the best quality... I would have waited myself, but I realized the Bretonnians are not quite up to the War of the Roses in technology... So, I didn't want to mix the periods

Here's some of the coming Perry plastics:

They look so good in green don't they?
n.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:17 AM
neldoreth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Porter
Perry Bros. Historical line is awesome, and a very good price as well. I've been working on their Crusaders. Looking forward to seeing more of your project!
Those are some sweet crusaders you've got going there! It's cool to get to see those standing spearmen after so long; the Perry's don't show them on their site. I will keep my eye on your project, looking forward to seeing the WAB action come together!

So, lo and behold my spearmen along with Jean d' Arc and friends arrived yesterday in the flesh! They are very nice sculpts, although the casts are extremely flashy and there are some considerable amounts of metal in the mould lines... Still, I am looking forward to painting them and *almost* put aside my Persians to get started on them

n.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 AM
peachy

Those new Perry's are fantastic. I particularly like the chap with the pollaxe in the top picture...

On a not entirely unrelated note, has anyone ever worked up lists or a campaign scenario for "A Song of Ice and Fire"? (I was reminded of the question while looking through the Perry site - most of the ASOIF cultures have so far been described in general enough terms that you'd have wide latitude in picking figures, and Perry has enough variety to cover a lot of them.)