Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > Discussion > Miniature Reviews

Old 06-10-2007, 04:54 AM
greywulf

Default 15mm WW2 figs/tanks German/brits

anyone know a good/affordable miniature company?

There is one local in NZ [battlefront, but not cheap thats for sure]

cheers
AJ
Old 06-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Bob. (and his dog)

This is a good question to ask on The Miniatures Page.

http://theminiaturespage.com/

lots of WW2 experts there, with lots of pros and cons over Battlefront. There are probably 25 companies that make 15mm WW2 stuff. Postage to NZ might make the Battlefront stuff equal in the end.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:32 AM
greywulf

I am now looking at 6mm for the WW2 DBA, But have only found irregular miniatures that sell in Oz, and GHQ [really nice but to many figs per pack and to much $ for them]

does any one have any ideas?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:57 PM
derek

Default Re: 6mm WWII

Hullo
In 6mm I would recommend Heroics & Ros available by mail order from:
Spirit Games (in the UK) at:
http://spiritgames.co.uk/
H & R are listed at:
http://spiritgames.co.uk/figs/hrcont.php
The WWII range is extensive and being added to from time to time.
You can purchase individual models.
Infantry come in packs of about 50.
GHQ are also very nice, but more expensive.
(You have to buy GHQ in packs which also adds to the price).
They can be purchased from the manufacturer at:
http://www.ghqmodels.com/pages/military/index.asp
As they are 1/285 scale they are somewhat larger than 6mm which is 1/300 scale.
Kind Regards
Derek de Villiers
Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Stephen Webb

I buy Flames of War figures and models made by Battlefront for use playing Disposable Heroes.

I don't find the prices too excessive and the huge range of vehicles means that I could buy all the different ones that I wanted.

I have collected (almost) every vehicle needed to play all the scenarios in the Epsom scenarios book that I have. Just waiting for them to re-release Panther Gs and late war Tigers.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:09 AM
greywulf

I have bought Flames of War figs and it is not cheap.

thats why 6mm micro armour interests me,

I worked out that I could get the 1943 german list all options for $31NZD not including post and packaging, from Heroic & Ross 6mm miniatures in the UK.

Or $31NZD from irregular miniatures [6mm] [aka Eureka]

vs Battlefront figs $300+ for the same options. [15mm]

GHQ are around the same price as Battle front and are 1/285th [10mm?] nice figs look great, but I get to many in a pack. and still haven't found out how much for P&P to NZ.

Its looking like either Irregular or H&R. does any one have pics of the WW2 range these both sell. I've seen the Germans and US for irregular but not many of the brits.

Cheers
AJ
Old 06-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Tom Dye

Wink DBA for WWII?

[QUOTE=greywulf]GHQ are around the same price as Battle front and are 1/285th [10mm?] nice figs look great, but I get to many in a pack. and still haven't found out how much for P&P to NZ.>>

Not even close! 10mm is 1/180th scale; N scale is 12mm/1:160th. We (GFI/Minifigs) can fix you up with whatever you'd need for WWII mainstream countries. (www.minifigs.com) (DBA WWII....what's next....DBA Moderns?) "Hey Jeff....NOW will you play WWII with me?" />)

There is a very noticable difference between Micro (1/300th-1/285th ) and 10-12mm; Same with 10-12mm and 15mm. The infantry in 10-12mm is still large enough to tell nationality and what they are armed with without the use of a "seeing" aid. Easy to paint and look great , too! You can also use 1/144th without too much problem with 12mm, too!

Good luck in your quest!

Tom Dye
GFI
Old 06-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Jeff Caruso

[QUOTE=Tom Dye]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywulf
Not even close! 10mm is 1/180th scale; N scale is 12mm/1:160th. We (GFI/Minifigs) can fix you up with whatever you'd need for WWII mainstream countries. (www.minifigs.com) (DBA WWII....what's next....DBA Moderns?) "Hey Jeff....NOW will you play WWII with me?" />)

Tom Dye
GFI
You have your nerve Tom after posting on TMP: "Jeff Caruso, the old owner of Mexican Rev figs, etc..." Not former owner? I see how it is.

Jeff
Old 06-22-2007, 03:21 AM
greywulf

[QUOTE=Tom Dye]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywulf
GHQ are around the same price as Battle front and are 1/285th [10mm?] nice figs look great, but I get to many in a pack. and still haven't found out how much for P&P to NZ.>>

There is a very noticable difference between Micro (1/300th-1/285th ) and 10-12mm; Same with 10-12mm and 15mm. The infantry in 10-12mm is still large enough to tell nationality and what they are armed with without the use of a "seeing" aid. Easy to paint and look great , too! You can also use 1/144th without too much problem with 12mm, too!

Good luck in your quest!

Tom Dye
GFI
how much is P&P?
your prices are ok $4.25USD = $5.59NZD for 12020018 WWII: N Scale GR Pzkfw IV H

I'll have to check out the DBA army list and compare prices and see if N scale is more to want I want.

Thx
AJ
Old 06-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Tom Dye

Unhappy Shipping to NZ

OUCH! The postal rates have recently gone up here in the USA and in many cases, a real killer! No more "Air Parcel Post"! It's all global Priority (or express)! A quick glance at usps.com for an education!

Might want to consider Flat Rate Global Priority at $37.00...good up to 20 lbs. Metal tanks add up quickly, but not as bad as 15mm!

Jeff. Why of course "the OLD Owner". You're always telling me how much older you are than I! (By what, 3 months?) />) Remember: If the shoe fits....being able to wear it is better than the alternative!........../>)

Best,
Tom Dye
GFI