Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > Discussion > Miniature Reviews

Old 04-01-2003, 06:11 AM
Hannibal Ad Portas

Hello guys,

I am interested in purchasing some Venexia 15mm Philistines, but I don't know how they will compare size wise with my Chariot Philistines....I fear they will be too big against my smaller style Chariot figures. Anybody know how the Venexia figures compare in size with other ranges???

Thanks in advance
Old 04-01-2003, 06:59 AM
Hannibal Ad Portas

Ah.....found something that stated Venexia are rather large figures....drats!! How about those Gladiator Philistines?? David Kuijt gave them a good review....will they mix with my Chariot Philistines???

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:57 AM
David Kuijt

Quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal Ad Portas:
How about those Gladiator Philistines?? David Kuijt gave them a good review....will they mix with my Chariot Philistines???
Nope. The Gladiator Philistines are very stout and muscular; the Chariots are very thin. It would look like a group of Arnold Schwarzeneggers against a group of Peewee Hermans.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:25 PM
Hannibal Ad Portas

Darn David! It looks like I will just have to use more Chariot minis. A shame. I was hoping to mix the figures for a more realistic army with multiple poses.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:43 PM
imported_BrianH

I am thinking of building a Hebrew army and was wondering how the 15mm Venexia compares with Essex, Minfigs, Chariot and Mirleton in terms of size and quality?

Also is there any assembly required with Venexia? I thought the Mirleton figures were excellent but the assembly of spears, shields and arms were a real pain.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 03-22-2005, 12:04 AM
rudynelson

I have carried all of these at one time or another. Chariot would be considered the smaller of the companies listed.
Essex average with Old Glory mixing with them in size and bulk.
Venexia is bulkier and would be larger than the others. I just had an ebay client in Italy send me some more for a DBA army. They also sent some Aqulifer which were also large and my painter said that the sculpting looked similar to Donnington.

The new 3rd edition Minifig are closer to Chariot than the old 2nd edition range.

Time Portal Hobbies