Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > Discussion > News and Notices

Old 03-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Mike Porter

I'm ready to rock! I'm looking forward to it!
Old 03-11-2007, 05:28 PM
philistinejim

Just got back from the event. We ended up with like 9 folks showing up. We did basically a series of pick up games. Some played just a game or 2 others 3 or 4 in the four hours allotted.

My Alexandrian Macedonians won one and lost one and then my Syacusans pulled out a very lucky win against an Early Imperial Roman army. It was lots of fun and we will keep folks informed about future DBA events at Gamers Haven. We would like to do one at least once a month. Sunday Afternoons seem like a good time slot.

Hopefully we can set it up to be like the 2nd Sunday of each month.

Got to see some old faces and some new ones, like I said above, we will have to do it again.

Jim K
Old 03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Mike Porter

Talking

It was definitely a good time; to bad we didn't get to play each other! My Marians ground out a draw vs. Later Carthage; I played Mongols vs Later Polish and won in the first combat (LH vs KN Gen), and won my last game-Gauls vs Polybian Roman.

Good times! I used to not like LH armies until played with one-by the 3rd bound my army was coiled around his like a python-there was no escape for him! I might have to look into that army a little more...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to next month when I open a can of peltast on your Macedonians!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:27 AM
philistinejim

Our Next DBA afternoon for N E Ohio has been set.

This month, we'll be playing DBA at Gamers Haven on Sunday April 15, 2007 in Middleburg Hts, from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Hope to see you there!

We will be doing this once a month. I'll keep folks posted as to the firm dates.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Mike Demana

I'll add that to our GLADBAG page, so that folks in the area know about it. Feel free to write up a report to send me, with some pics maybe, and I'll post that on the website as well...
Old 03-27-2007, 07:12 PM
philistinejim

[QUOTE=Mike Demana]I'll add that to our GLADBAG page, so that folks in the area know about it. Feel free to write up a report to send me, with some pics maybe, and I'll post that on the website as well...[/QUOTE

Thanx Mike. I will try & remember my camera. Once we build up a steady set of regulars we will probably do some actual tournaments and or other special events.

Jim K
Old 04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Mike Porter

Perhaps we could also discuss Historicon-who's going, etc., and if we want to put together some pairs for BBDBA doubles?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:36 PM
philistinejim

Just a reminder about the DBA gaming at Games haven in Middleburg Hts tomorrow 4/15 from 12:00 til 5:00PM.

Hope to see some new & old faces there.

New army to play in the Mikes Models Pyrrhics. The Purple Squishy shall flatten all befor him.

Cheers,
Old 04-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Mike Porter

I've posted pics and a battle report from Sunday's action on my website.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Pavane

I am driving down to Cleveland for the weekend, arriving Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon. I don't know what my family commitments will be yet, but I thought I would see if anyone wanted a couple of games of DBA first. Alternately, I can do 25mm HOTT. PM me if you are interested.