Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > Gaming > Tournaments

Old 01-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Prefect

Default Hotlead 2012

Dates: March 23, 24 and 25, 2012
DBA Events:

FRIDAY 19:30 to Midnight / "Everybody Hates Rome" Pyramid DBA Tournament
15mm. 30" Boards and 60” x 24” boards (supplied). 3 Rounds. 6 or 8 players. Players may bring own army and terrain. Loaner armies are available for all eight players.
Open to any of the following v2.2 armies:
Romans: I/55b, I/59, II/10, II/33, II/49, II/56, II/64, II/78, II/83.
Enemies: I/7d, I/36, I/47, I/48, I/52I, I/55acde, I/57, I/58, II/5gh, II/8, II/9, II/11, II/13, II/14, II/19cd, II/20cd, II/22abcde, II/23ac, II/24, II/25, II/26, II/27b, II/28abc, II/30bc, II/31gij, II/32, II/34, II/35, II/37, II/39, II/40, II/44, II/45, II/47abcefg, II/48, II/51, II/52, II/53, II/54a, II/55ab, II/57, II/58, II/59, II/60, II/65, II/66, II/67, II/68a, II/69, II/70, II/71, II/72, II/73, II/74b, II/80abd, II/82a, II/84, III/1c, III/2.

Half of the players will be Roman and half will be barbarians. No Built Up Areas (BUA) are allowed, and any River placed will be automatically paltry. Armies with dismounting elements may only dismount on their first bound of the game. With only 6 players the barbarians would play each Roman in turn for a round robin.

With 8 players the tournament will be a pyramid format. The first round will be four 1-on-1 DBA battles (Romans vs. barbarians). After the first round, each of the two players will join forces in a doubles team so that there will be two 2-on-2 games in the second round. After the second round, the four players will join forces for a large 4-on-4 Giant Battle DBA game in the final round. The victor of each round serves as the C-in-C for the team in each later round. Elements lost are NOT replaced from round to round, with two exceptions. If a player’s General is lost then it may be swapped for any surviving element. If a player has fewer than 6 elements after a round the player may add only enough lost elements to bring the army up to the minimum 6 elements.

Scoring: Modified NASAMW.
Fee: $1 (to defray the cost of the prizes)
Prizes: Best Roman player and best Enemy of Rome player.
GM: David May

SATURDAY 09:30 to 13:30 / DBA "Stratford Scramble" Tournament
15mm. 30" boards (supplied). 3 Rounds. Swiss Chess matching. Players bring own army and terrain. Some loaner armies are available. No Built Up Areas (BUA) are allowed, and any River placed will be automatically paltry.

The object of the Stratford Scramble Tournament is to emphasize player skill over army selection by having players use a different army in each round. Each player brings a valid 12-element army, camp (camp follower element optional) and only enough terrain for one legal battlefield as the defender. Armies with dismounting elements may only bring the mounted or dismounted element; there is no dismounting allowed. The 12-element army and terrain choices cannot be changed between rounds. Players can lay the terrain as they desire, but all pieces supplied must be used. All of the players' armies are placed in a pool and will be assigned to each player before each round. No one will use the same army twice or play the same opponent twice. Note that a small tray to hold your army will facilitate movement between players and tables.

On the first round players, and the armies they will use, are assigned randomly, but players will not be assigned their own army until the final round. On subsequent rounds players will be matched using their accumulated score, with the top scoring player playing against the player with the second highest score, the third and fourth highest scoring playing together, etc. The allocation of armies is based on the accumulated score of each army. The top scoring player will be assigned the lowest scoring army; the second highest scoring player will receive the second lowest scoring army, etc. Players may not be assigned their own army, or an army that they have already played. On the final round everyone will play with their own army. Players are matched using their accumulated score.

Players will generally benefit from choosing an army that they have mastered, yet others find difficult to play. This can be further exploited by including terrain that is less advantageous for that army. Expect to see armies that would never be used in a traditional open tournament format as players try to handicap their opponents with challenging armies to play.

Scoring: Standard NASAMW.
Fee: $1 (to defray the cost of the prizes)
Prize: Player with the highest score and player bringing the lowest scoring army.
GM: Will Michael

SATURDAY 14:00 to 18:00 / DBA “Open” Tournament
15mm. 30" Boards (supplied). 3 Rounds. Swiss Chess matching. Players bring army and terrain. Some loaner armies are available.

Bring any valid V2.2 DBA army. No Built Up Areas (BUA) are allowed, and any River placed will be automatically paltry. Armies with dismounting elements may only dismount on their first bound of the game.

Fee: $1 (to defray the cost of the prize)
Prize: Player with the highest score.
GM: Michael Saunders

SATURDAY 19:00 to Midnight / "The Peloponnesian War, 431 BC" DBA Campaign
SATURDAY 19:00 to Midnight / "The Peloponnesian War, 431 BC" DBA Campaign
15mm (supplied). Campaign map (supplied). 30" boards (supplied). 3+ Rounds. 6+ Players minimum. Boards and terrain supplied.

Players will be assigned one of the competing nations:- I/47 Illyrian, I/48 Thrace, II/5d Thessaly, I/53 Egypt, I/54 Macedon, I/56 Crete (Knossus), I/63 Paionia, II/5a Sparta, II/5b Athens, II/5c Thebes, II/5d Thessaly, II/5e Acarnania, II/5f Phocis, II/5i Corinth, II/5i Abydos, II/5i Amphipolis, II/5i Argos, II/5i Chalcis, II/5i Chios, II/5i Corcyra, II/5i Elis, II/5i Miletus, II/5i Mytilene, II/7 Antandrus, II/7 Sardis and II/12 Syracuse.
Some loaner armies are available for I/48, II/5a, II/5b, II/5c, II/5d, II/5f, II/7 (one only) and II/12.
Contact the game master at http://www.fanaticus.org/discussion/...ad.php?t=12391 to register for your army.

Scoring: Standard NASAMW with the following campaign modifications: at the end of each round an Overlord receives an additional 5 points for each Tributary, while a Tributary loses 1 point.
Fee: $1 (to cover the cost of the prize)
GM: Colin Rice

SUNDAY 9:30 to 13:00 / “Classical Period” DBA 2.2+ Beta Tournament
15mm. 30" Boards (supplied). 3 Rounds. Swiss Chess matching. Players bring army and terrain. Some loaner armies are available.

Bring any valid V2.2 DBA army from Section 2 – The Classical Period 500BC – 476AD. This tournament will test the DBA 2.2+ Beta rules, found at: http://www.wadbag.com/V2.2+/. Acrylic movement gauges appropriate for 2.2+ will be given to all participants.

Fee: $1 (to defray the cost of the prize)
GM: Will Michael

Last edited by Pavane; 02-16-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Sunday's tournament now 2.2+ Beta
Old 01-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Prefect

The Peloponnesian War Campaign signup sheet:

Colin, I'll take II/5i Corinth.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Fanatici

Here is the list of Peloponnesian war armies and their players.
I/35d Crete (Knossus)
I/47 Illyrian
I/48 Thrace ==> Paul Stoklosa
I/53 Egypt ==> David May
I/54 Macedon
I/63 Paionia
II/5a Sparta
II/5b Athens
II/5c Thebes ==> Mike Saunders
II/5d Thessaly ==> Colin Rice
II/5e Acarnania
II/5f Phocis
II/5i Corinth ==> Will Michael
II/5i Abydos
II/5i Amphipolis
II/5i Argos
II/5i Chalcis
II/5i Chios
II/5i Corcyra
II/5i Elis
II/5i Miletus
II/5i Mytilene (Lesbos) ==> Stephen Lindsey
II/7 Antandrus (Persia)
II/7 Sardis (Persia)
II/12 Syracuse

Last edited by colinrice; 01-25-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Update listing
Old 01-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Prefect

Paul Stoklosa wants Thrace
Old 01-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Prefect

Michael Saunders wants Thebes.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Prefect

Dave May wants Egypt
Old 02-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Prefect

Please note that the Sunday morning tournament will now be using the new DBA 2.2+ Beta rules. An acrylic movement gauge will be given to all participants.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Propraetor

Is everything 2.2+? I really want to make it up for this, but 9 hours drive is a bit rough.

2.2+ is where it's at.

V2.2+ final version playsheet available at: http://www.wadbag.com/V2.2+/
Old 02-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Prefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by david kuijt View Post
Is everything 2.2+? I really want to make it up for this, but 9 hours drive is a bit rough.
Only Sunday morning. We all agreed that it would be premature to switch everything to the Beta. If it was the final version, I wouldn't hesitate.

I will have lots of printed copies of the 2.2+ Playsheet to hand out over the weekend though.

By the way, the playsheets should have a url link to the WADBAG website so that people can download their own copies and email it to friends.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavane View Post
By the way, the playsheets should have a url link to the WADBAG website so that people can download their own copies and email it to friends.
Noted.

- Jack
His soul is marching on.