Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > Discussion > News and Notices

Old 08-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Imperator

Thanks for all the positive feedback. As far as progress..I would report that thankfully the site appears to be stable...so I don't have to rush to build a new platform. So I'm taking my time...the first step being finding a new webhost. Expect things to move slowly..and I'll continue to post here if/when I have anything worthwhile updating you on.

-------------------------------
Old 08-28-2015, 08:05 PM
Evocati

Sounds great, my only concern about this has been that it would become rushed
Old 08-28-2015, 10:31 PM
Primus Pilus

Ave, Imperator!

Last edited by peleset; 08-28-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Propraetor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peleset View Post
Ave, Imperator!

Well Said!
Old 08-29-2015, 01:47 AM
Praetor

Paul can you check your gifs link please.

David Constable
Old 08-30-2015, 05:40 PM
Centurion

Chris,

I don't know how easy this would be do as you work on the site, but is there any chance that you could have the pictures of various armies organised by army reference number rather than by name of person who contributed them.

This would make it a lot easier when one is looking for inspiration and ideas for painting a specific army.

Regards,

Simon
Old 08-31-2015, 05:29 PM
Prefect

When one Replies, there is an option to give the reply a Title. It would be useful to be able to "collapse" and see just those Titles. Then maybe people would use the Title more often, and it could help identify posts dealing with a particular detail within a thread.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:34 PM
Imperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I don't know how easy this would be do as you work on the site, but is there any chance that you could have the pictures of various armies organised by army reference number rather than by name of person who contributed them.
hi Simon. In the original scheme...the idea was that each army would have its own page, with notes, sources of miniatures, and links to galleries featuring those armies. The eye candy gallery page was meant to be a resource for players to show off their collections. That said,...anything is possible if I can muster the time needed.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:42 PM
Imperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillager View Post
When one Replies, there is an option to give the reply a Title. It would be useful to be able to "collapse" and see just those Titles. Then maybe people would use the Title more often, and it could help identify posts dealing with a particular detail within a thread.
The title feature is a useful way to provide specific information related to the post...and it is possible under advanced search to search by title only.

As for collapsing threads around message titles, I don't think VBULLETIN supports that. However, you can set personal defaults (in your user CP) for how posts are sorted:

Linear Mode - posts are displayed chronologically, usually from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously. It is possible to change the ordering by changing your preferences in the User CP

Threaded Mode - a tree is shown along with every post. This shows you the relationship each post has to the others. It's easy to see who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time. By clicking on a single post in the post tree, the page will show that post and all posts made in response to it.

Hybrid Mode - This is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed as in the threaded mode, but many posts are shown at the same time as in the linear modes.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:13 AM
Prefect

Default This is the "title" i'm talking about

When I said "Title" I'm not referring to the SUBJECT of the post which appears in the index which you click on to open the thread for reading. ie Not the words entered by the Original Poster who starts the thread.

The Advanced Search actually looks at the "SUBJECT" line, does it not?