Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > Rules > v2.2+

Old 10-19-2015, 04:18 AM
Prefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Santamaria View Post

I gave up on the Yahoo forum a very long time ago. I have had better times in prison.
I found it funny too, it reminded me of when I got arrested at Customs in Brazil.😊
Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Augustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haardrada View Post
.I don't think its format is user friendly...
Yes, this is the main reason I don't go over there. Also when you answer a question someone has, it could take HOURS to post the response on the group by which time ends up like everyone talking over everyone else.

http://tonyaguilar.wordpress.com/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FADBAG/
DBA-RRR Renaissance, Reformation and Restoration:http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/...A-RRR%20Files/
Old 10-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Prefect

I can't believe that people are still obsessing over this.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:22 AM
Prefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavane View Post
I can't believe that people are still obsessing over this.
Same here, if people want to be snobby about what they play then they can jog on.In the mean time anyone played any good games lately?
Old 10-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Evocati

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.hinds View Post
(text removed)

So, regardless of Phil's past positions, it might be worth sending him an email, quoting Sue's statement, and offering to change the name to something other than DBA 2.2+.

MH
Help me out here, guys. Why is this a bad idea? The worst that can happen is that PB rejects the offer, at which point, you can at least say you tried. My reasoning is:

1) You negotiate a name change for "DBA 2.2+", (which PB's wife claims is a personal issue for him).

2) This then would appear to remove the main argument of the 3.0 trolls, who pick up on Phil's complaint about the name as an excuse to make poorly-informed, negative posts (on Yahoo, on TMP, and here). This negativity has to be bad for DBA in general, including the 2.2+ variant, as it probably turns off potential recruits visiting all the Forums.

MH
Old 10-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Primus Pilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.hinds View Post
Help me out here, guys. Why is this a bad idea? The worst that can happen is that PB rejects the offer, at which point, you can at least say you tried. My reasoning is:

1) You negotiate a name change for "DBA 2.2+", (which PB's wife claims is a personal issue for him).

2) This then would appear to remove the main argument of the 3.0 trolls, who pick up on Phil's complaint about the name as an excuse to make poorly-informed, negative posts (on Yahoo, on TMP, and here). This negativity has to be bad for DBA in general, including the 2.2+ variant, as it probably turns off potential recruits visiting all the Forums.

MH
I know you mean well. But based on our experience, I don't think that it would be wise for us to contact Phil directly. Phil has a lot of, to put it gently, unresolved anger toward the members of WADBAG. Any communication from one of us is likely to just antagonize him.

- Jack
Old 10-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Prefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by david kuijt View Post

Finally, Sue has (to the best of my knowledge) never read the preamble to the v2.2+ rules. Where we say much the same thing as she thinks we ought to say. I'm sure if she read it, she would realize that the v2.2+ rules acknowledge Phil's contribution in much stronger terms than she thinks we should, and she would be much happier.
Hmm. Wonder why Sue did not initiate a new thread instead of resurrecting one from 2012? For a computer scientist she shows little knowledge of 21st Century Internet.

But she IS one of the owners of WRG -- so it seems to me that her statements ARE authoritative. And if its hard for WADBAG and Phil to speak directly, it makes sense that she is the intermediary.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:19 AM
Primus Pilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Aguilar View Post
Yes, this is the main reason I don't go over there. Also when you answer a question someone has, it could take HOURS to post the response on the group by which time ends up like everyone talking over everyone else.
Completely agree. The delay makes conversation awkward and the whole Yahoo Groups design makes finding anything impossible.

I've found the soa.org.uk forum very informative for history stuff.

Dangun (Nicholas Spratt)
Hong Kong
Old 10-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Prefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by david kuijt View Post
Finally, Sue has (to the best of my knowledge) never read the preamble to the v2.2+ rules. Where we say much the same thing as she thinks we ought to say. I'm sure if she read it, she would realize that the v2.2+ rules acknowledge Phil's contribution in much stronger terms than she thinks we should, and she would be much happier.
I'm confused. Has Phil contributed to a set of rules written by you, or have you created a set of amendments which form a variant of Phil's rules?
Old 10-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Primus Pilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillager View Post
I'm confused. Has Phil contributed to a set of rules written by you, or have you created a set of amendments which form a variant of Phil's rules?
Here's the quote from Sue...

Quote:
This makes the position quite clear and also acknowledges Phil's contribution as author of the DBA 2.2 rules.
Go away and troll somewhere else.

- Jack