Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > Rules > v2.2+

Old 07-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Propraetor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
I am a firm believer in one source of lists to rule them all and that it should be compatible with the rulebook being used as that is the most likely source for the players
That's where I hang my hat as well.

V2.2+ final version playsheet available at: http://www.wadbag.com/V2.2+/
Old 07-02-2015, 12:20 AM
Fanatici

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical Gamer View Post
There are a couple things I believe about DBA army lists:

1. In a game with only 12 elements, each element type should be (roughly) equal in usefulness. Note: I did not say equally powerful...
Personally, I am not sure I agree with this. If someone made hordes more powerful just because that would make game play better, I would be disappointed. Yes I know DBA is a game and game simulations will fudge somewhat, but if I am playing a game sim based on history I want plausible results to occur from the interactions between elements. The psiloi Libyans should be ridden down by knight equivalent elements in open terrain almost all of the time, for example. I do not want every DBA army to be equal, because armies werent equal.
Double the prestige and bragging rights for those who take "wanker" armies to tournaments I say.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:50 AM
Primus Pilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
I am a firm believer in one source of lists to rule them all and that it should be compatible with the rulebook being used as that is the most likely source for the players
Quote:
Originally Posted by david kuijt View Post
That's where I hang my hat as well.
Tend to agree for both tournaments and tournament-type games. On the other hand, anything goes for scenarios, although I think that I would try to use my own ideas about the specific situation, rather than assume any set of lists was better than another.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLDIII View Post
Personally, I am not sure I agree with this. If someone made hordes more powerful just because that would make game play better, I would be disappointed. Yes I know DBA is a game and game simulations will fudge somewhat, but if I am playing a game sim based on history I want plausible results to occur from the interactions between elements. The psiloi Libyans should be ridden down by knight equivalent elements in open terrain almost all of the time, for example. I do not want every DBA army to be equal, because armies werent equal.
Double the prestige and bragging rights for those who take "wanker" armies to tournaments I say.
To quote myself... "Note: I did not say equally powerful..."

I totally agree that elements should not be equal in power. I would be very upset if knights could not ride down psiloi on open ground.

What I want is elements that are equally "useful". I love psiloi. I would never intentionally pit them against knights on open ground, but when playing armies without psiloi I miss them terribly. They are useful.

Obviously, usefulness is going to be situational. Not every element needs to be useful all the time. I just think that every type element should be useful a significant part of the time.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:24 AM
Foederati

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerk View Post
I am playing 2.2+ on a regular basis and am perfectly happy with it. However, I never liked the 2.2 army list for the later Swiss IV/79. People educated in medieval history tell me that this list does not reflect the slowly increasing proportion of pikes over the duration of the 15th century. Now this has been improved significantly in the 3.0 army lists. Nothing will stop me from using this particular 3.0 list in conjunction with 2.2+ rules.

Maerk
Looks like you are a crazy lover of the 2.2 and now of 3.0

Last edited by Begather; 11-10-2016 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:06 AM
Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begather View Post
Looks like you are a crazy lover of the 2.2 and now of 3.0
I loved (and still do love) 2.2, play 2.2+ as an improvement and refinement of 2.2 and like some of the 3.0 army lists. I have never played 3.0 up to now, nobody does it in my area.

Maerk
Old 10-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Evocati

You guys are raising some good questions
There are no easy answers
Very passionate discussions

I have only played a few games of 3.0 - back in Chicago area where there is an new influx of Ancients and dark age gamers - primarily in 15mm

I have played in about 12 games of 2.2+ back at the Eastern Front conventions which is FANATASTIC - I plan on making everyone I possibly can.

NOW - I am in the land of OZ (Kansas) where apparently we are playing 2.2 - I understand the reasons behind their decisions and I am okay with it

So

I took some 3 x 5 cards and wrote out for my 80 armies the difference between them - and most are manageable as far as I am concerned. I fully intend to have ALL of the troops to play whatever version

But - That is just me - I LIKE to build armies

BUT -- anyone who bluffs or cheats - like was stated above -- on purpose - what a Wanker - they should be - beaten -- OR elected to Office in Chicago.

"not all those who wander are lost."