Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > Rules > v2.2+

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-13-2014, 05:07 AM
Crocus's Avatar
Crocus Crocus is offline
Evocati
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Abercarn Wales
Posts: 135
Default

Thanks for putting me right chaps! This is a great improvement on the old Aggression system.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Kevin Boylan Kevin Boylan is offline
Fanatici
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Schlanger View Post
The person/team that won the Maneuver Roll was able to choose between setting down terrain from the topography determined by the Invasion Roll or choosing angle of attack (board edge) after possibly shifting terrain pieces per 2.2+
Wow! You get to choose your table edge? That's a VERY considerable advantage, and I imagine the response will be (I known it would be mine) to create boards with terrain placed so that it's more-or-less the same no matter what edge is selected (apart from a waterway).
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:11 PM
ferrency's Avatar
ferrency ferrency is offline
Praetor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boylan View Post
Wow! You get to choose your table edge? That's a VERY considerable advantage, and I imagine the response will be (I known it would be mine) to create boards with terrain placed so that it's more-or-less the same no matter what edge is selected (apart from a waterway).
You misinterpret.

Table edge is rolled for the same way as in 2.2.

The choice you get for winning maneuver is:
- Place terrain in the specified topography and move 2nd (as 2.2+ defenders did)
- Optionally move terrain, roll for the board edge, and take the first turn (as 2.2+ attackers did)

Alan
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-13-2014, 02:25 PM
David Schlanger's Avatar
David Schlanger David Schlanger is offline
Praetor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glenwood, MD
Posts: 1,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boylan View Post
Wow! You get to choose your table edge? That's a VERY considerable advantage, and I imagine the response will be (I known it would be mine) to create boards with terrain placed so that it's more-or-less the same no matter what edge is selected (apart from a waterway).
Well, we were trying these out during Big Battle DBA. In Big Battle, the player/team chooses one of the two long board edges. We have been doing it that way for years.

In a regular DBA game, it has never been the case that the player picks the board edge.

DS
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-13-2014, 02:49 PM
david kuijt's Avatar
david kuijt david kuijt is offline
Propraetor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gaithersburg
Posts: 2,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boylan View Post
Wow! You get to choose your table edge?
That's the way Big Battle has always been done, Kevin. Side that doesn't put out terrain, chooses table edge.
__________________
DK

V2.2+ final version playsheet available at: http://www.wadbag.com/V2.2+/
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Kevin Boylan Kevin Boylan is offline
Fanatici
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 87
Default

Only played BBDBA once that I can recall
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-14-2014, 09:12 AM
maerk's Avatar
maerk maerk is offline
Centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Solothurn, Switzerland
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrency View Post
(..-)

The choice you get for winning maneuver is:
- Place terrain in the specified topography and move 2nd (as 2.2+ defenders did)
- Optionally move terrain, roll for the board edge, and take the first turn (as 2.2+ attackers did)

Alan
So
- winning the invasion roll determines the terrain type the battle will be fought in (arable, woodland, etc.)
- winning the maneuver roll lets you choose to be the attacker or the defender (terrain placement, board egdge roll, etc. handled as in 2.2+)

right?

I like this idea very much

Maerk
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-14-2014, 09:17 AM
David Schlanger's Avatar
David Schlanger David Schlanger is offline
Praetor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glenwood, MD
Posts: 1,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerk View Post
So
- winning the invasion roll determines the terrain type the battle will be fought in (arable, woodland, etc.)
- winning the maneuver roll lets you choose to be the attacker or the defender (terrain placement, board egdge roll, etc. handled as in 2.2+)

right?

I like this idea very much

Maerk
Yes, Maerk. That is exactly right. That is how we have been testing it, using it at Cold Wars in the Big Battle event, etc.

We really like the way it has worked so far!

Right now the invasion and maneuver ratings we have for each army are still draft ratings (subject to modification as needed to improve the final product), but I would be happy to share some of them with any who are interested in using them for their own games or events while we finish work on the army lists.

I anticipate using them for at least one event at Historicon this year, even if the new army lists are not finalized in time.

DS
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Tony Aguilar's Avatar
Tony Aguilar Tony Aguilar is offline
Augustus
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 1,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Schlanger View Post
Yes, Maerk. That is exactly right. That is how we have been testing it, using it at Cold Wars in the Big Battle event, etc.

We really like the way it has worked so far!

Right now the invasion and maneuver ratings we have for each army are still draft ratings (subject to modification as needed to improve the final product), but I would be happy to share some of them with any who are interested in using them for their own games or events while we finish work on the army lists.

I anticipate using them for at least one event at Historicon this year, even if the new army lists are not finalized in time.

DS
I look forward to trying these out.
Hopefully, you'll be able to use them in an event other than in BBDBA.
__________________
The end times are fast approaching. Have you registered on the "new" site yet?
http://fanaticus.boards.net/forum

http://tonyaguilar.wordpress.com/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FADBAG/
DBA-RRR Renaissance, Reformation and Restoration:http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/...A-RRR%20Files/
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Rich Gause's Avatar
Rich Gause Rich Gause is offline
Praetor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 1,018
Default

We are having a DBA weekend Mar 21-23, maybe we can give them a try then.....
__________________
2.2+ Rocks!.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.