Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > Gaming > Battle Reports

Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Centurion

Default Joint Strike Force- HiTT

Some random photos from a HiTT scenario we ran last week in which a joint Franco-Russian force (Russia's R.E.F....) assaulted German entrenchments.
After the loss of the French howitzer to a sniper, the repulse of its Char Schneider upon gaining the trench line, and the loss of a couple more infantry units to aircraft strafing, the decimated frogs returned to the wine cellars to fight another day. Colonel Dax mumbled something about there being firing squads to follow that would instill the necessary espirit d'corps after this attack. The Russians were harried by gas attacks and never did come to grips..... barrage fire was largely ineffectual. (As Magician...we may return to "God", or is it "Aerial") on that one. John

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/e...0April%202012/

Last edited by john svensson; 04-24-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Praetor

John,

Great set of shots. What size playing board did you use?

Cheers,

Dienekes, remarked with a laugh, 'Good. Then we'll have our battle in the shade.' - Herodotus, The Histories, 7.226
Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Praetor

Super looking game, and I am glad Jeff got to put those Ruskies in the field! Can't believe he let a little gas stop him though!!!

We still like the Barrage as a Magician because we found it just dominated the game once launched as a god. But what works for us may not work for others.

With Paul Potter's new interest in Americans that may spark David Crenshaw to get started on his Americans as well and we can get in more games. My favorite army is the French, but as I have hte only Germans I sort of have to keep those bad boys going!

Really enjoyed seeing the game and hope you'll have some more to share soon!

"Did you hear what he said? 'Us Lions' That means him and me. 'Us Lions." C. S. Lewis
Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 AM
Evocati

Really enjoyable reading about your game.....the growing profile of HiTT is fantastic. Many thanks, Mark
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Centurion

Thanks all, the playing area was about 24" x 36". We're interested in doing a meeting engagement next, earlier war or East Front.... the attackers against a trench need to have a point advantage for any chance of success, particulay with weaker barrages. (our humble opinions, after trying that scenario several times...) Great game though, as others have pointed out, there are a wide array of figs available to do just about any conceivable front from Italy, Middle East, to the Balkans.
John