PDA

View Full Version : Flank/Rear contacts in DBA V2.2

nixon1411
03-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi,

I'm planning on taking part in my first DBA competition in Leeds in June. The group I play with seem to have adopted the DBM (V2.0) rule for determining whether an element can contact the flank or rear of an enemy element. This strikes us as fairly common sense & suits us just fine for casual play, but i'm worried that it's not the "official" rule for DBA V2.2. I've re-read the rules and find the rules ofr flank contacts a bit ambiguous. I'd appreciate any clarification in this area.

many thanks

Bob. (and his dog)
03-27-2006, 11:56 AM
I am not sure what you mean here. Are you referring to where an element starts in order to make a flank or rear attack? You will not find any rule on this so it must be the case that an element can start anywhere and make flank or rear contact if it has sufficient movement. There are other rule concerning what is legal flank/rear contact and what happens when an element is attacked in the flank or rear but not the front. These are well explained, I think.

Please be more specific on what you need.

nixon1411
03-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Hi,

apologies for any lack of clarity..!
I think you have answered my question - I was just unsure about where an element had to start in order to make a flank or rear contact.

thanks very much...