PDA

View Full Version : Generals in woods (& BUA's)

imported_JLogan
03-20-2006, 06:04 PM
In playing a game last weekend, I realized an interesting anomaly in the rules. If a general is in a wood (or BUA), troops more than 600 paces away take 2 extra PIPs to move - so 3 PIP's total for most, 4 for some (Elephants,Art.,etc.). If that same general is killed (and assuming that this does not cause the game to end), those same troops now only need 1 extra PIP - i.e. for general being lost - so only 2 total; 3 for some. So ironically, there is less of a PIP penalty for the general being dead inside the wood/BUA, than when he was alive.

Have I interpreted this correctly? Seems wrong to me. Thanks.

John

Roland Fricke
03-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Seems odd to me too but thats the way it reads. Sounds like case C could have been included in the case B situations. That way any of those conditions would only apply once so it would be only +1 if any of those conditions applied.

[ March 20, 2006, 15:33: Message edited by: Roland Fricke ]

imported_JLogan
03-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Roland;
Many thanks for your reply. I agree completely with you; it would have made more sense if case C was simply included as part of case B. Thanks.

John

Bob. (and his dog)
03-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Troops know General is alive so they await orders, he is in a place where it is difficult to get those orders to the army, higher penalty to get them to act. They will not take initiative,

Troops know general is dead, they act but a bit slower.

imported_JLogan
03-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Er....yeah, right Bob......???????

(he's in a wood/BUA - they can't see to know whether he's dead or alive)