PDA

View Full Version : Campaiging according to the rulebook

Mike Porter
05-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Just a quick question since I don't have my rulebook. (Gave mine away, gotta buy a new one!)

What happens when one player is attacked by multiple opponents at one time? Does the defender move to each battle in succession, or do they have to choose one battle and the rest are left to be besieged?

Chris Brantley
05-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Since play rotates from player to player during each turn or season, you shouldn't end up with a situation where two players are attacking (invading) a city at the same time. One player attacks at a time and may solicit an allied contingent from other players. Same for the defender.

The rules describe one special circumstance (p. 14): "The only circumstance in which two allied field armies can be at the same location is if one is standing seige and the other is attempting to relieve it, in which case the beseiged army provides only a contingent for the battle."

In a situation where Players A, B and C are at war with Player D (with turns in that order), A would fight D, then B vs D, and then C vs D (or what's left of D). In each case, A, B, C could not send allied contingents to each other...if they did, they would not be able to fight D in a separate one-on-one battle.

Mike Porter
05-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Thanks Chris! :)