PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this for Ancients?

Timurilank
07-25-2006, 07:37 AM
I have been fiddling with a campaign between two nations and came across this:

http://www.battlefront.co.nz/Article.asp?ArticleID=133

While not a fan of WWII wargaming, I did find the system to have some merit. Anyone used the campaign "tree" system?

cheers,

Ed Dillon
07-29-2006, 01:19 AM
I think that might be based on the tree-style campaigns runs by one or more of the DBM clubs in NZ several years ago. You might poke around those sites a bit and see what you can see.

Ed

Timurilank
08-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Ed,

Thanks for the tip. I spent some time checking the various websites of the NZ clubs and not a hint or reference. I believe I shall post emails directly and see it that will provide some leads.

cheers,

Xavi
08-07-2006, 04:35 AM
This is a common campaign system. GamesWorkshop andother companies have been using it for decades. It is a god and simple system if you do not want to worry about logistics, terrain control and stuff like that. Go, play 3 games and the winner wins the campaign. Easy :)

That particular tree looks like it has some weird results, though. Usually the order is as follows:

Massive A victory
Substantial A victory (if B wins 1 battle only). 2 paths leading here
Minor A victory
Minor B victory
Substantial B victory
Massive B victory

Appart from that, it is a failry good system for easy-going campaigns. I have played in a few like those. Those are the successful ones that do not get bogged down due to people losing interest. At least around here.

Cheers,

Xavi

Timurilank
08-07-2006, 03:07 PM
This is a common campaign system. GamesWorkshop andother companies have been using it for decades. It is a god and simple system if you do not want to worry about logistics, terrain control and stuff like that. Go, play 3 games and the winner wins the campaign. Easy :)

Xavi,

This system is a nice departure from the DBA nodal campaign system based on multiple players and having an element of diplomacy. I would like to focus on the general's qualities as a strategist having some influence on the upcoming battle and introduce some random event cards. At the moment these ideas need to gather some form.

cheerrs,