PDA

View Full Version : "Samurai Swords"/"Shogun" used as DBA Campaign

Greedo
01-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi,
I KNOW this has been done before, but is there published a DBA fighting using the MB game "Samurai Swords" (aka "Shogun") as the campaign map anywhere? I searched but to no avail.

Chris

Badger
01-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Chris, all I've ever seen on this forum relevant to "Shogun"/"Samurai Swords" is discussion of using the playing pieces as figures for DBA armies. Of course, I've not been in attendance much of late...

rudynelson
01-20-2006, 09:25 PM
I have not seen one but the map would make a great campaign map. It would not take long to produce the mechanics.

The main starting components would be the numebr of players and whether the moderator is playing , playing non-player armies or just moderating only.

We produced a campaign system years ago called Supreme Warlord: the DBA campaign variant. It is still on Magweb for download as part of the TIME PORTAL PASSAGES magazine. The Shogun.Samurai Blades or VI Ceasars/ Conquest of the Empire maps would work for that system.

Greedo
01-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the replies!
What I was thinking was just playing regular old Samurai Swords, but when a battle occurs, move to the tactical map with different SS figures represent various elements. Since SS has no Cv, and since DBA has no guns, subs would have to be made, perhaps reprsenting the different factions so Takeda would get more Cv subs, Mori more Wb, could use guns with the Humberside conversions.

I do still have to read the rules though to make sure it wouldn't totally screw up the game mechanics!

Martian
01-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Check out Bob McDonald's site at:

Samurai Swords Campaign Game (http://www.serratomcdonald.com/bob/campaign/samuraiswords.php)

[ January 21, 2006, 08:05: Message edited by: Martian ]