PDA

View Full Version : Fall of Roman Britain/Arthurian Campaign Ideas.

Attila the Hungry
10-28-2003, 02:16 PM
I have always been intrigued by the last days of Roman Britain. As a youngster here in Cleveland I went often to Lakewood Library to read books by Alfred Duggan and Henry Treece about this time period. In one Duggan book (can't remember the title) Arthur is portrayed as an auxilia cavalry commander fighting off the Germanic raids/invasion. I have been thinking about a couple possible campaigns for this scenario.

Fall of Roman Britain:

Late Imperial Rome - Dux Britanica (II/78a)
Picts(II/68a)
Scots-Irish(II/54a)
Anglo-Saxons (II/73)
Sub Roman British - Commandant of the Saxon Shore(II/81b)

Romano-British Resistance

SubRoman British - Arthur (II/81c)
Anglo-Saxons (II/73)
Picts (II/68b)
Scots-Irish (II/54b)

What do my fellow comrades-in-arms think of this?

rudynelson
10-29-2003, 02:14 AM
Ypur choices look fine. I would consider offering several of the same DBA army choice if more players participate than planned. There were several independent German and British tribes for example. One option that I have seen is to have each player control more than one army. For example one Roman and one German located in a different area. Another player may have a British and a German force. But the idea works better in a civilized vs barbarian situation.

orca
10-29-2003, 02:41 AM
You may want to include the earlier non-Aurthurian Sub-Romans as enemies for the Arthurian Sub-Romans. Artorious was not considered the lawful ruler of Briton by several other tribes of Sub-roman brits. Just don't let them have any KN.