PDA

View Full Version : I just want to say

Ammianus
04-14-2012, 04:53 PM
After viewing the recent spate of posts in the DBA Yahoo Group, I think Bob Beattie is a saint. I particularly liked his quote to an unspecified individual:

Or even put a full page ad in the New York Times warning people about the dangers of playing big historical games with DBA.

Nicely put Bob! I find some of your detractors' statements pretty unbelievable.
Sad I guess.

Pavane
04-14-2012, 06:58 PM
After viewing the recent spate of posts in the DBA Yahoo Group, I think Bob Beattie is a saint. I particularly liked his quote to an unspecified individual:

Or even put a full page ad in the New York Times warning people about the dangers of playing big historical games with DBA.

Sad I guess.
The patience of Job at the very least.

teenage visigoth
04-14-2012, 08:47 PM
DBA yahoo list eh? My life is too short...

Go Bob.

snowcat
04-14-2012, 08:59 PM

Sad I guess.

It was pretty funny. ;)

peleset
04-15-2012, 02:31 AM
I think he has pluck and a bit of British Bulldog (or North American equivalent) in him. How else could anyone deal with that lot?

If I had my way I would nuke it all from orbit!

snowcat
04-15-2012, 02:35 AM
I think he has pluck and a bit of British Bulldog (or North American equivalent) in him. How else could anyone deal with that lot?

If I had my way I would nuke it all from orbit!

Err, some of them are us...

:cool

lkmjbc
04-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Some of us are supporting Bob... and trying to make the board a more positive and fruitful place. Though none of us are perfect.

Saint Bob? Patron Saint of DBA players everywhere.:2up

Joe Collins

Bobgnar
04-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks all for the positive comments. There was a string of comments by that unnamed person who said that you had to use DBA for what it was intended. I felt really bad because I have been using for what I have wanted for 20 years.

The Yahoo site is still a good place to comment on DBA 3. There is still hope for it to be as good for the next 20 years. Phil takes comments there to heart, well, mostly, the ones he agrees with :)

Discourse is generally genteel except in a few cases.

Tony Aguilar
04-15-2012, 05:53 PM
There was a string of comments by that unnamed person who said that you had to use DBA for what it was intended.

I don't check the DBA Yahoo Group mainly due to one person, which I can only imagine is the same one you had an altercation with.

Life was much easier when he was living under that rock.

I wish someone would pour some salt on him and put him out of his misery.

Pavane
04-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Bob, DBA 3.0 will be better for your contribution. I am happy that you have the perseverance to put up with the relentless heckling.

ferrency
04-15-2012, 07:49 PM
put him out of his misery.

Put him out of our misery, more like.

Alan

David Constable
04-16-2012, 05:40 AM
I don't check the DBA Yahoo Group mainly due to one person, which I can only imagine is the same one you had an altercation with.

Life was much easier when he was living under that rock.

I wish someone would pour some salt on him and put him out of his misery.

Same here, I am sure we all know who you mean.

David Constable

Ammianus
04-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Concur. Amen!

Kingo
04-16-2012, 02:39 PM
is this "Larry the loony"?:D

broadsword
04-16-2012, 06:17 PM
I believe it might be.

I cut way, way down on my visits to Yahoo DBA because he is such tedious reading.

You have to wade through a hell of lot of underbrush with him to get anywhere close to a cogent argument.

Africanus
04-17-2012, 02:43 AM
is this "Larry the loony"?:D

Ssh, quietly Kingo...
I don't think we're allowed to say the "L" word!:eek

snowcat
04-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Ssh, quietly Kingo...
I don't think we're allowed to say the "L" word!:eek

He Who Must Not Be Named.

john svensson
04-17-2012, 07:21 AM
In person, he's actually quite an affable person, but get him behind that keyboard cloaking device and his inner voice takes over....:sick

broadsword
04-17-2012, 08:36 PM
That I actually do not find hard to believe at all. I think many of us had to be "vetted" on the pitfalls of internetting from well-meaning friends. Some of us never really get it....

peleset
04-17-2012, 08:56 PM
In person, he's actually quite an affable person, but get him behind that keyboard cloaking device and his inner voice takes over....:sick

And it's those inner voices that cause all the trouble!