PDA

View Full Version : to 6Bd or not to 6Bd?

Haardrada
03-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Hi guys, I've just read through the new update for 3.0 and have a question.

Although the 6Bd is still refered to in the rules, they are noted in green in the basing as no longer used. Is that now the case?

lkmjbc
03-04-2012, 12:12 PM
We really won't know until the final version.
I suspect that the Swiss will have DBE of Blades.
That is the best we have at this time.

Joe Collins

Bobgnar
03-04-2012, 03:43 PM
I think you are misreading the list.

Hi guys, I've just read through the new update for 3.0 and have a question.

Although the 6Bd is still refered to in the rules, they are noted in green in the basing as no longer used. Is that now the case?

Haardrada
03-04-2012, 06:12 PM
With respect I do not think I have miss -read the list.The list states Not now used in green., then in the following paragraph states to base a 6Bd element 3 figures per rank(also in green). Thus a contradiction and the reason for my question?

Menacus Secundus
03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I know less about DBMM than I do about sub-molecular physics, but I think "not now used" means that 6Bd elements are no longer used in DBMM.

I have suggested what I felt was a clearer form of words to Phil, but by the looks of things I don't think I have persuaded him.

Haardrada
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm not trying to pick faults with 3.0, I am a fan and support a lot of the changes. But I may be like many seeking clarity to complete or amend their own armies if necessary. I have long been a fan of Late Swiss and bought a boxed army to complete just as 3.0 was launched.This has left me (probably like several others) awaiting 3.0 completion to finally know what additional pieces are needed to finish my army.

I'm not being impatient, I'd rather wait and let the feedback take its course and shape a sound successful replacement to 2.2. But I am looking for some clarity as nature takes its course.

Macbeth
03-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Hadraada,

I believe that this is the case

DBE Bd are no longer used in DBMM - hence the "Now Not Used" category in the DBMM Troop Type.

However there is a likelihood that they will continue in DBA for the Swiss which might or might not be linked to playtesters owning Swiss armies with some 6Bd elements in them that they did not wish to rebase.

The thought of a DBE Bd General at +7 vs foot might see the Swiss become a favourite army too ;)

Cheers

Bobgnar
03-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Note that Phil thinks that playing DBA will lead to playing DBMM so he posts the relationship between DBA and DBMM elements, then players will know what they have in each rules set. The troop basing chart has a number of columns. The first is the Troop Type, the second is the DBA abbreviation, the third column is the abbreviation of that type in DBMM. In DBMM, the 6Bd is "not now used."

Troop Type:......DBA lists .....DBMM lists

BLADES.............Bd.............Bd (S, O, I)
........................3Bd...........Bd (F, X)
........................6Bd...........Not now used.

MacBeth is correct in his observation. Also makes a good point about the Swiss who, are I think think the only army to have the 6Bd. They will be quite strong, +6 for the DDE, +1 for the general. I was sad to see the +1 for Ps support go, as then they would be +8 vs Wb. However, if you lose that you are down 4 element equivalents :(

Macbeth
04-02-2012, 01:42 AM
MacBeth is correct in his observation. Also makes a good point about the Swiss who, are I think think the only army to have the 6Bd. They will be quite strong, +6 for the DDE, +1 for the general. I was sad to see the +1 for Ps support go, as then they would be +8 vs Wb. However, if you lose that you are down 4 element equivalents :(

To have any chance of losing against a Ps suppored 6Bd general the Wb themselves would need to be a General, have rear support or preferably both :)

By themselves a Wb (+3) vis the monster above (+8) can at best manage a tie

So it goes

cheers

Bobgnar
04-02-2012, 05:02 PM
as of today, blades do not get second rank support nor do war band get rear support so the six blade general is a +7 and the war band general is plus +4 assuming no overlaps or other factors. if the blade general is first element lost it's -2 for the element and -2 for the general.