PDA

View Full Version : Hastings Campaign

Cromwell
03-01-2012, 02:32 PM
This afternoon I fought a solo Hastings campaign. The object of the campaign is for the Normans to remove King Harold and his two brothers Leowfin and Gryth thus removing all opposition.

The Saxons must remove William and his brother Bishop Odo.

Terrain and play is normal DBA. I used 2.2+ for this campaign.

The General of the saxon army is Harold and two other blade elements are designated as his brothers. The same is done for the Normans.

If the general is lost the next brother (if not already dead takes over)

Elements lost in battle are returned as reinforcements on a roll of 4,5,6, on D6

The campaign season is 3 games long. During the winter both armies are returned to a full 12 elements but any lost personality elements Harold, William and his brothers remain lost.

I fought 3 games (one season). Sorry no pictures! William and Odo, Harold, Gryth and Leowfin remained unharmed. The Normans lost every battle and fought with only 8 elements for the last two battles.

This means we start a-fresh in the spring.

john meunier
03-01-2012, 04:57 PM
The Normans lost every battle and fought with only 8 elements for the last two battles.

The Normans lost three in a row to the Anglo-Saxons?

How?

Cromwell
03-01-2012, 05:45 PM
All three battles gave the Saxons a hill advantage, plus the Normans had appalling combat die rolls.

Also after the first battle they were out numbered having lost a number of knight elements.