PDA

View Full Version : Marian Roman vs Gallic

jacar
02-02-2012, 10:23 PM
The latest fight. This time a little different than the Polybian scrum.

http://johnswargames.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/marian-roman-vs-gallic-army-and-this-time-i-mean-it/

Martyn
02-03-2012, 05:19 AM
The latest fight. This time a little different than the Polybian scrum.

http://johnswargames.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/marian-roman-vs-gallic-army-and-this-time-i-mean-it/

Thanks for posting another great report.

It is interesting to note that the Bd killed 3 Wb for the loss of only 2, were there any wild combat dice scores or did the results follow the tactical advantage?

timurilank
02-03-2012, 06:06 AM
Good report. I am curious how the game would have developed for the Marians if you had added the extra CV or LH as proposed with the new army lists?

Matt
02-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Nice report. Do you play with miniatures and then create these pictures, or are you playing with the computer system.

Outcome seems reasonable. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the actual numbers as they played out.

I am fascinated with the Sp-Wb matchup now. I would like to get my Romans out and do some of what you are doing, just not enough time!

Thanks for sharing.

david Crenshaw
02-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Very nice report, but seems to really accentuate what I dislike about Roman/Gaul matchups, which is the overly large part luck plays. If my understanding is correct, this is only exacerbated by the new follow up rules in 3.0. When I win I would like to know that I get some of the credit, not my dice.

David

jacar
02-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Nice report. Do you play with miniatures and then create these pictures, or are you playing with the computer system.

Outcome seems reasonable. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the actual numbers as they played out.

I am fascinated with the Sp-Wb matchup now. I would like to get my Romans out and do some of what you are doing, just not enough time!

Thanks for sharing.

I use VASSAL. It's easier for me to setup and play quick games like this on a computer. There is a snapshot tool in the system so I take pictures when something interesting happens.

BTW, this game went 8 bounds and lasted about 35 minutes. Compared to some of my others which went 5-6 bounds and lasted 20-30 minutes. This does not include terrain placement etc.