PDA

View Full Version : Ooh ... something shiny

john meunier
01-23-2012, 11:36 PM
So, I know we are waiting for the final draft of 3.0 and it will take some time before we get it in our hands, but based on what we've seen so far, here are some things I'm eager to see and play with:

The LH expanded command range. (I have always had an irrational attraction to light horse armies.)

The new army lists.

The terrain placement system.

There are other interesting features. But these are the ones that come to mind first.

What about you?

Pillager
01-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Do you think he will publicly post anything very close to final?

snowcat
01-24-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm mostly looking forward to LH being able to get around the flanks of enemy into their rear - on the 24" board, not just the 30" - if the new rules support this without seriously compromising something else.

(I am an unabashed LH junkie.)

Inari7
01-24-2012, 12:33 AM
I am painting a LH army now, I hope it's true!

Alan Saunders
01-24-2012, 02:47 AM
There are other interesting features. But these are the ones that come to mind first.

What about you?

For me it's the terrain. I've been trying a version of the current draft's rules for HOTT, and it gives viable terrains whilst eliminating some of the cheese. Further refinements will be of interest, therefore.

The lists will be of interest, of course.

I confess I haven't brought myself to actually play a game of DBA 3.0 yet, though. I still can't get around the fact that, for some reason, the game doesn't excite me. Which, if you consider that 70-80% of my gaming time is devoted to HOTT, is a bit odd.

Bob Santamaria
01-24-2012, 06:34 AM
The LH expanded command range. (I have always had an irrational attraction to light horse armies.)

There is nothing irrational about that attraction