PDA

View Full Version : Poll over on the Yahoo Group DBA 2.2 vs 3.0 playtest

Lydia
01-20-2012, 06:27 AM
There's a poll over on the DBA Yahoo group on your preferred version of the game: DBA 2.2 or DBA 3.0 playtest. I recommend you register your votes.

Martyn
01-20-2012, 07:20 AM
There's a poll over on the DBA Yahoo group on your preferred version of the game: DBA 2.2 or DBA 3.0 playtest. I recommend you register your votes.

Shame there is no option for 'sitting on the fence' ;)

Lydia
01-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Nope. And no 'best bits of both' either!

maerk
01-20-2012, 08:24 AM

Thanks for pointing us there!

Maerk

broadsword
01-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Mr Barker doesn't seem to believe that many people are actually playing 3.0 (test version) in my view. I really believe he thinks people are speaking out of fear, not experience with his set. The results of the poll so far are quite interesting.

larryessick
01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
The poll is meaningless.

I have not participated in it and do not need to in order to anticipate the results. That is because it asks the wrong question and is premature.

If I were to ask you whether you prefer chess or this game I'm developing that is still being tested, where we haven't determined if pieces should move diagonally, horizontally, vertically or some combination of the three and for which we have not determined the balance of power among the playing pieces -- about which we only presently know that we want to play it on a grid that is 8 by 8 with 16 pieces to a side -- which do you suppose is going to receive the most votes?

Were 3.0 a finished product the poll might have value. If the poll conducted at that time included additional choices to cover most, if not the whole, of the range of responses it might have value.

But at the present it serves no purpose other than to further inflame the schismatic bickering that has been going on.

Even if 3.0 were to emerge the preference by a wide margin, it would still be a meaningless and ill conceived poll.