PDA

View Full Version : Edge of the World

Victor
01-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Just thinking about the factor for being overlapped when within half a basewidth of the table edge. Should this only apply only to troops who need to deploy no closer than 4 base widths from the table edge?

It seems logical to me that cavalry, light horse and psiloi would be far more comfortable operating at the extremes of the battlefield than would other troop types.

Richard Lee
01-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Maybe I am blind, or not concentrating on what I am reading, but I can't find any tactical factor affecting any element within half a basewidth of the edge of the playing area. Has this been added since the publically available draft was issued, or is it in an unexpected section of the rules?

Victor
01-02-2012, 03:41 AM
It's on page 10 in the overlapping in combat section;

"An element with a flank edge or corner within BW of a battlefield edge counts as overlapped on that flank"

Richard Lee
01-02-2012, 03:51 AM
Thank you Victor, I can see it now.:o

Although I am not a fan of this idea, if Phil chooses to retain that rule it would be better, in my opinion, to include it with the 'Tactical Factors' on page 11.

Pillager
01-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Note that the rule is badly written and using it as written creates problems. But it works fine as intended.

See:

http://www.fanaticus.org/discussion/showthread.php?t=12326