PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 is a plot to sell copies of DBMM

Pillager
12-25-2011, 04:07 PM
You need DBMM 2.0 to understand the reasons for all those changes.

hehehehehehehehe

:rotfl

Bobgnar
12-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Anyone seeking to understand 3.0 needs to avoid DBMM 2.0. I pretty much understand DBA 3.0 and I have not read DBMM except a couple of diagrams, such as moving through Threat Zones. What is a Threat Zone?

Pillager
12-25-2011, 08:24 PM
DBMM Threat Zone (TZ) = DBA Danger Zone (DZ)

With respect to the putative subject of "clarifying" what DBA means to say -- ya'll are just pissing in the wind.

Most of these changes are abbreviated versions of what DBMM says with more detail & more words.

So if you want to UNDERSTAND what the rule intends -- READ DBMM !!!!

Only then can you talk about whether the DBA phrasing is clear enough.

And I wish there were separate sub-forums for talking about whether you like the game effect of a rule versus what people think a rule says. I'm only interested in the latter.

And buying a copy will help Phil get out of the financial hole he must be in after printing all those copies.

vodnik
12-26-2011, 07:56 AM
... in DBMM you have no 8Sp elements, knights in wedge are on 4x4cm bases not on 6x4cm bases.

But DBA2.2 is not out of order it works. Why not continue with that excelent rules:2up

platypus01
12-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Pillager is a Troll. He in no way is representative of DBMM players. Don't be fooled.

Let's get back to constructive criticism please?

JohnG

Richard Lee
12-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Pillager is a Troll. He in no way is representative of DBMM players.
[snip]

That is my opinion. The 'ignore' function works wonders.

Paul Potter
12-26-2011, 12:12 PM
That is my opinion. The 'ignore' function works wonders.

How do I access the ignore function? -paul

a cynic writes...
12-26-2011, 12:22 PM
How do I access the ignore function? -paul

From the menu at the top - User CP (user control panel)
Then about halfway down the menu on the left there's a link edit ignore list.

Pillager
12-26-2011, 07:47 PM
... in DBMM you have no 8Sp elements, knights in wedge are on 4x4cm bases not on 6x4cm bases.

But DBA2.2 is not out of order it works. Why not continue with that excelent rules:2up

Knights in wedge in 15mm are indeed 4x4, unless a Double Based Element.

DBEs are like 8Sp etc.

So you really know nothing about DBMM, you are just pissing in the wind.

Paul Potter
12-27-2011, 03:18 AM

thank you. -paul

Redwilde
12-27-2011, 09:37 AM

Very nice. Never even considered whether or not we had such a function before these dark times.

Doug
12-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Very nice. Never even considered whether or not we had such a function before these dark times.

Neither had I. But now my enquiring mind is wondering whether there is a way to see who is being ignored by who?

kontos
12-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Neither had I. But now my enquiring mind is wondering whether there is a way to see who is being ignored by who?

What did you post, Doug? :rotfl:rotfl

Just kidding.

Doug
12-27-2011, 09:23 PM
What did you post, Doug? :rotfl:rotfl

Just kidding.

It is a comfort to know my sense of humour is shared...

ferrency
12-29-2011, 12:03 AM
But now my enquiring mind is wondering whether there is a way to see who is being ignored by who?

Not as far as I know.

The only way I know of is to send someone a personal message and wait for a response. If they're ignoring you, they won't receive the personal message or any notification that it was sent, and thus can't respond.

However, all forum posts by ignored users have a "View Post" link next to them. Sometimes I ignore people not so I won't see what they post, but to remind me not to respond without thinking twice (or three times). Usually you see other peoples' responses to their posts anyway.

In short, I don't consider Ignoring someone to be that harsh. Ignoring someone means it's my problem, not theirs. Banning someone makes it their problem.

Alan

Doug
12-29-2011, 05:15 AM
Not as far as I know.

The only way I know of is to send someone a personal message and wait for a response. If they're ignoring you, they won't receive the personal message or any notification that it was sent, and thus can't respond. <snip>

Actually - I was just curious to see who was ignoring me, and who was ignoring another specific person :-)

Doug
12-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Not as far as I know.Alan

I am just curious about who ignores me, and who ignores 'X'

Richard Lee
12-29-2011, 06:31 AM
Actually - I was just curious to see who was ignoring me ...[snip]

So there is now way for you to know whether or not I am ignoring you?:D:silly

broadsword
12-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Nyanya na-nyanya I can't hear you... Really.

Hey at least no DBA'ers that I'm aware of participated in a Nike shoe riot.

Really, when you stack it all up against the really, really bad stuff that goes on all around us, annoying posts really aren't all that bad. I consider them part and parcel of the internet rough and tumble.

Quite frankly I don't consider myself wise enough to pick and choose which posters I ignore for all time, and which I don't. They just may have something of value to add. And past writings in and of themselves aren't necessarily all that useful as indicators of future validity...

Frankly, I find use of "ignore buttons" to be a sign of intellectual laziness, and internet hyper-sensitivity. I scan all posts, and if uninformative or annoying, I scroll past them. But I've at least considered them - I owe all fellow posters that much, or I should get off the net.

There are tons of posts from people like DK, DS, and others whom I respect and admire, but who at one particular time or another, aren't addressing anything of value to me. It's called "discerning reading"... And having a thick enough skin.