PDA

View Full Version : pg 9 INTERPEN end "directly" behind

Pillager
12-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Dec rev

pg 9

INTERPENETRATING FRIENDLY TROOPS
If making a tactical move, or fleeing after completing recoil, mounted troops can always pass through Psiloi and Psiloi pass through any friends, but in both cases only if (a) starting at least partly in front to end directly behind or (b) starting directly behind to end directly in front and (c) there is sufficient clear space beyond and enough move to occupy it.
>>

so in case (a) the moving element is required to make a free sideways shift. Strange requirement. Unclear when the shift is made, and it matters if the mover might be blocked by another element at some point in the move.

case (b) is very restrictive. Again, strange requirement.

Lobotomy
12-25-2011, 03:43 PM
This was written to stop the sideways and oblique moves that were taking place. It is my understanding that elements must go straight through to interpenetrate.

Pillager
12-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Dunno about how DBA players cut their cheese.

In DBMM its very clear:

"...troops can interpenetrate friends... if moving straight forward or straight back..." and with further condition of "facing same direction" & sometimes also allowing "facing opposite direction."

You can certainly move in other directions before or after the act of "passing through."

This DBA rule allows the same ability to move in other directions before / after the act of passing through (aka Interpenetration). One part of the rule specifies a start with no restrictions on how you end; the other the reverse. Gotta go, that was poorly worded by me...

Bobgnar
12-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Anyone seeking to understand 3.0 needs to avoid DBMM 2.0. I pretty much understand DBA 3.0 and I have not read DBMM except a couple of diagrams, such as moving through Threat Zones. What is a Threat Zone?

Pillager
12-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Anyone seeking to understand 3.0 needs to avoid DBMM 2.0. I pretty much understand DBA 3.0 and I have not read DBMM except a couple of diagrams, such as moving through Threat Zones. What is a Threat Zone?

Did you ask the same question in another thread, or did my answer get lost in cyberspace?