PDA

View Full Version : DBA 3.0 Test

Ammianus
12-17-2011, 08:35 AM
I read with interest Hannibal ad Portas' take on the new rules in "Solid reason for rejecting" ...
I also ran a solo test last night, Ruggi vs Bavarians (two mostly WB armies). I wanted to see how the forward deployment, new movement rates, no foot disengagement, and the NON destruction of non-psiloi rear supporting foot would work. Again, this was only a test for me so I could observe the changes, using a 2x2 board.

Well, the armies certainly flew over the battlefield! The high-rolling Rugians quickly executed a double envelopment winning handily at 6, zip.

To echo HaP, once engaged, game ran itself. Over in 5 turns? DANGUN has some cogent comments in the "Rejecting" thread. Isn't this historically accurate? I think the new movement rates are going to be too hard for me adjust to. I'll be interested in seeing comment on forward/rearward deployments. One last time, this was a test mainly so I could see how the new deployment & movement schemes worked at the most basic level (2 WB armies).

Lobotomy
12-17-2011, 05:22 PM
This is only a test. If this were a real emergency you would be directed where to tune for further instructions. :silly