PDA

View Full Version : Current Army lists (as of December 14th)

texus maximus
12-15-2011, 12:30 AM
I am having trouble tracking down where to find the most current available versions of the four Army lists. Could someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks!

mickw
12-15-2011, 06:49 AM
They were in the files section as part of Sue's consultation exercise on updating/improving/bringing into line with "recent scholarship" (ie. the DBMM lists). After a large number of us contributed on this site and the Yahoo group they were then removed and the last I heard Phil was going through them and was about halfway. Maybe somebody saved them on their computer.
Whether the finished product will resemble the latest version is a bit of a question and not one I'd like to answer. Maybe one of the playtesters can be more helpful.
If you have a specific question about a specific list people could maybe guess how much it's likely to change. For example Alans (who are also one of Phil's favourites in DBA) are unlikely to change much whereas other lists like Arab Conquest and Christian Nubians have changed quite a bit in the change over from DBM to DBMM. Even if the lists change it doesn't necessarily nerf the figures- Arab 4Wb can also be deployed as Blade.
I think time will tell....

Pillager
12-25-2011, 09:15 AM
But what were the dates of the last revisions to be online? Dunno if I missed an update.

Bobgnar
12-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Indeed, Phil is working on the lists, building on the original work Sue did, and taking into account all the comments from readers. He wrote somewhere that he is done with one draft of Book 1 to which some proof readers gave a sharp review, and is done with 1/2 of Book 2. These new lists are very comprehensive, giving some historical background and then element descriptions. He gave me a copy of the Alexander Imperial list for a game I was doing.

II/15. Alexandrian Imperial Army: 1 x General (Kn), 1 x companions (Kn), 1 x Asiatic light horse (LH), 6 x argyraspids and phalangites (Pk), 1 x artillery (Art) or elephants (El), 1 x Thracians, Illyrians or Agrianians (Ax or Ps), 1 x archers or slingers (Ps).

Haroldo Hic
12-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Texus maximus, thank you for this thread. Maerk and me are getting ready to playtest 3.0 and I'm especially interested in the Early Swiss List. With the new DoubleElementRule I'm afraid, they won't stand a chance against Habsburg 1386.
Imagine German 6Kn vs Swiss 6Bd+Psiloi support, that's 4 to 4 , Bd Quickkilled. If the Blade loses, the swiss player is already 3 Elements down (2 from the DoubleElement + 1 Psiloi), and this in one bound, even if the psiloi is not directly behind the supported blade...
And IF the Blade should win, it follows up, probably into double overlap.:eek
The swiss won't stand a chance...I don't believe even good generalship could compensate for this.

...:sick