PDA

View Full Version : What Sue said about where to post comments on DBA3

Bob. (and his dog)
12-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Maybe this was posted to Fanaticus but I cannot find it. Sue posted this on the DBA Yahoo group Dec 15.

"I find I cannot keep up with all the relevant discussions on both of the groups.

I do value your input and I want to give your comments their full value so I shall have to divide my input.

Fanaticus seem very good at philosophical discussion of general points, so I shall post those queries on the Fanaticus site.

Yahoo DBA has the facility to put a file on the site for discussion by members so in future I shall place the sections of army lists in a file that site.

Anyone who wishes to contribute to both will be able to join both now that you Know what I am going to do, so no-one should miss out.

My first topic on BUAs & Camps will appear shortly on Fanaticus and the next group of lists will be put on the yahoo group at the weekend. "

Sue.

Susan Laflin-Barker
12-20-2010, 06:37 AM
It was posted on both. If you cannot find it, that reinforces my point about the difficulties of keeping up with all comments on both sites.

Sue

Bob. (and his dog)
12-20-2010, 10:58 AM
It was posted on both. If you cannot find it, that reinforces my point about the difficulties of keeping up with all comments on both sites.

Sue

I do not disagree with that at all. I was wondering why not just start a new Yahoo group, like done when HOTT, HFG, and DBMM were revised/developed?

Bob and his Dog

Victor
12-20-2010, 04:50 PM
I actually prefer the fanaticus forum to the yahoo style. At least in fanaticus, threads can be seperated and easily found at a later date. OT items are somewhere else where you can easily ignore.

In yahoo, everything in jumbled into the one stream, and quite hard to go back and sort the wheat from the chaff. Also, you tend to re, reread and reread over and over again the same posts in yahoo that stay on the bottom of each persons post, unles they delete previous posts from their replies.

If discussion was to be held in one spot, why not here?

Stephen Webb
12-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I agree.

Chris has already seperated the threads into a new area.

He has also offered to allow the creation of files.

Most of us use both the Yahoo group and Fanaticus, but prefer here.

David Constable
12-20-2010, 05:46 PM
I actually prefer the fanaticus forum to the yahoo style. At least in fanaticus, threads can be separated and easily found at a later date. OT items are somewhere else where you can easily ignore.

In yahoo, everything in jumbled into the one stream, and quite hard to go back and sort the wheat from the chaff. Also, you tend to re, reread and reread over and over again the same posts in yahoo that stay on the bottom of each persons post, unless they delete previous posts from their replies.

If discussion was to be held in one spot, why not here?

The disadvantage of Yahoo is from Phils point of view an adavantage.
He gets all the nessages in a digest sorted and grouped, on Fanaticus you would have to flick around.

Fanaticus is great if a set of rules is established, and allows for digressions, and different subjects.

David Constable

Little Caesar
12-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Fanaticus seem very good at philosophical discussion of general points, so I shall post those queries on the Fanaticus site.

"The disadvantage of Yahoo is from Phils point of view an adavantage.
He gets all the nessages in a digest sorted and grouped, on Fanaticus you would have to flick around.

Fanaticus is great if a set of rules is established, and allows for digressions, and different subjects."

Boy, did Sue hit that nail on the head. :-)
Steve